spacetoday.net: space news from around the webin association with SpaceNews


NASA still planning September launch of Atlantis
Posted: Sun, Aug 7, 2005, 1:55 PM ET (1755 GMT)
STS-107: launch (NASA/KSC) Top NASA officials said Friday that they were still planning to launch the shuttle Atlantis in September, albeit later than previously planned, despite an ongoing investigation into foam shedding during the launch of Discovery last month. NASA administrator Michael Griffin told reporters Friday at the Johnson Space Center that he was still intent on planning to launch Atlantis during the September launch window, and would continue launch preparations until the ongoing investigation into foam loss precluded a launch during that window. Space station program manager Bill Gerstenmaier did note, though, that the launch had been pushed back from September 9, the opening of the launch window, until September 22, because of delays launching Discovery. The September launch window remains open only until September 26; after that, the only other opportunity launch Atlantis in 2005 will be during a brief window in early November.
<<previous article   next article>>
news in brief
Zhuque-2 launch fails
Posted: Sun, Aug 17 11:37 AM ET (1537 GMT)

China performs first Long March 10 static-fire test
Posted: Sun, Aug 17 11:33 AM ET (1533 GMT)


news links
Friday, August 29
Emergency services turn to Elon Musk's Starlink in western Queensland
Australian Broadcasting Corporation — 6:49 am ET (1049 GMT)
2026 Budget Process Has Unique Implications For Space Force
Aviation Week — 6:47 am ET (1047 GMT)
Startup’s Retractable Solar Arrays Could Aid Orbital Servicing
National Defense Magazine — 6:47 am ET (1047 GMT)


about spacetoday.net   ·   info@spacetoday.net   ·   mailing list